Working together for the success of all.
In addition the school aims in no particular order to promote:
- The development of a child’s lively enquiring mind, imaginatively, creatively and honestly.To develop the ability to question and discuss matters rationally.
- The acquisition and development of attitudes and skills which encourage learning that is meaningful, enjoyable and relevant, using a broad range of appropriate work and structured play, throughout both key stages, enabling each child to develop to their full potential.
- A planned progression of work throughout the school, building on each child’s individual experience and skill level.
- A sense of responsibility, confidence and independence towards work and behaviour, fostering a child’s feelings of pride and achievement.
- Constructive relationships between home, school and the community based on trust, communication, shared values and understanding.
- Equal opportunities and the positive elimination of gender stereotyping, with understanding and respect of self and others and for different races, religions and cultures, especially the host nation.
- The development of the appropriate skills, knowledge and understanding to have the confidence, creativity and capability to use ICT throughout their lives. We will enable our children/staff to learn about ICT, develop an increasing range of ICT skills and learn how to use them in a range of subjects. We will enable them to become thoughtful and independent users of ICT.
- Experiences which enable pupils to understand that every individual has an important contribution to make to the well being of the local and wider community.
- Good working relationships between all members of staff where each individual feels valued.
A core value is a central belief which is understood and shared by every member of the school community. Core values arise out of what we believe to be important about people, about society and about learning and knowledge.
We believe that through promoting Core Values we can help children to value themselves, families and other relationships, the wider groups to which we belong, the diversity in our society and the environment in which we live. Each half term we focus in greater depth on one of our core values. Each class explores in an age appropriate manner what these values mean to us. Our core values are:
Happiness + Compassion
Achievement + Responsibility
Respect + Independence
Our core values underpin everything we do. Along with these, the British Values of democracy, the rule of law, individual liberty, mutual respect and tolerance of those with different faiths and beliefs are embedded within our school.